Friday, February 8, 2013

Reality

Oh man,

How exhausting.  I just left a website of a well meaning lady who cannot accept how people who do not believe in God can find happiness.

I find peoples desire to embrace their delusions to the point of thinking that the people who reject their delusions irrational so sad.  It's like they are in their own little prison continually locking the door least they escape.

I was there.  I remember. I debated so much with so many.  I thought I had all the answers. I feel sorry for whoever had to put up with me all those years!  Sorry!!!!

What are you afraid of? Losing all control? That the world will in fact stop if you accept that what you believe is a farce?

A good friend and loving man recently wrote me of hell and the devil.  I feel so sorry for the people that are bound by such outlandish phantasms.   How can this kind of paranoid unreal mentality be more appealing than finding peace in reality?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. The way her questions are phrased leaves no room for dissenting philosophy.

I read her question as, "You don't believe in God, so just admit that your life sucks. Why can't anyone admit that? Please, someone just be honest and admit that your life sucks?"

AJL said...

I agree.

sigh

Longshanks said...

I was there. I remember. I debated so much with so many. I thought I had all the answers. I feel sorry for whoever had to put up with me all those years! Sorry!!!!


Yeah, I was that guy. I suppose, in some ways, I still am on the other side of the spectrum. Anyway, it's nice to read the words of someone else who's walked some of the same roads.

AJL said...

Thanks for reading and your input!

Anonymous said...

I don't know...in our family we are facing an excruciating death by starvation due to cancer....times like these I do return to the Crucified. I think I am tired of first world debates on happiness.

AJL said...

yes... first world debates on happiness are absurd.