Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Myth is Better than Your Myth

Merry Mythmus, Festivus, Winter Solstice and New Year.

When people debate religion, in my mind I hear...  "My myth makes more sense because it's older."  "My myth makes more sense because it makes me feel better."  "My myth makes more sense because it is cooler." This is goofy logic.

There are real factors in life for how life is. Why don't we all take time to consider these things? Slow down. Think for a second about REALITY.  Evolution, circumstances, relationships, physical strains.

Stories are fun.   Enjoy the stories.  Have fun.  But let's keep our feet on the ground.

Kindness, generosity, compassion, love.  Think on these things.

Peace.

1 comment:

fRED said...

Happy Crimble and a Merry prosperous New Year to you and (all) yours.

First, I just have to say how much I love the family pic you posted on your home page. What a delight! And color coordinated too! Reminds me of when I was a kid and the Christmas my mom made red vests for my Dad and me and my brothers (and I think the girls had green velvet dresses). What a blessing you have.

You are right about stories. (Perhaps you are/were inspired by reading to your children?). Some of my favorites are children's books. I especially like Go Dog Go, Green Eggs & Ham, and The Cat in the hat. I just watched the Mr Magoo version of A Christmas Carol (which is so much easier for me to understand and pay attention to).

While going through my divorce, watching (with my son, of course) Veggie Tales and Thomas the Tank Engine videos was a refreshing and enjoyable activity. I still like to revisit those periodically.

Finally, I really like "(His) Mysterious Ways" in Guidepost Magazine. [http://www.guideposts.org/inspiration/mysterious-ways]. Although I never subscribed to Guideposts, someone would occasionally leave a few issues in my apartment building's laundry room. I guess it was such a popular column, they started a separate magazine. One thing that I liked is that these stories (rarely) were preachy; the best ones were those that allowed a glimpse into the supernatural (or divine). Worth a read now and then.

Best to you and all those who stop by your blog.