Thursday, May 5, 2016

poor young people

Young people are so easily influenced.  Put a multinational institution that claims divine authority and inspiration, and you have a set up for complete deception.  I would not care so much if it was about career or music or sports.  This is about mind control and guilt and life choices that forever effect the person.  Once a person commits to a life of religious influence those choices cannot easily be reversed.

I am stuck in a marriage that is extremely difficult.  I have six children who need attention and care. I have a degree I can't use.  If, perhaps, I had used my time and talents towards learning real life needs and appropriate decision making instead of trying to follow the spirit and be willing to do things that were not rational, then maybe I wouldn't be in such a mess.

I am especially frustrated and disgusted when I see young people devoting their lives and futures to promoting this ideology that is setting them up for consequences that they are not prepared for.  There are false promises of God leading you, and not giving you more than you can handle. The lie that Christ is all you need and that you should hate everything else is comparison to him.

It's all bullshit. It is mind controlling manipulation.  I would love if people would stop promoting such unwarranted and destructive make believe as if it were some sort of divine revelation.

What can I do???  I am sick of debating.  I am scared of being targeted like the atheist bloggers in Bangladesh.    This blog is my effort to share my story and experience.  Hopefully it can help someone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's helping me. I converted to catholicism about 10 years ago from evangelical/Anglican background and left in the last 6 months. I had become increasingly skeptical but aleays "chose to believe". Then I just stopped choosing and it felt like flipping a switch.

fRED said...

I sense you are feeling overwhelmed. There are times when I feel there is so much to do, so much that needs to be righted. There are things that others around me are doing that are clearly wrong (in my eyes) but I feel helpless because I am already beyond my limits and realize that I have neither the time nor the strength for an eventually futile battle. And so I must step back (and regroup).

I think there is a lot of truth in the saying, "you are what you eat" not merely nutritionally but in all things. One of my sisters preaches balance. There is a famous movie, Koyaanisqatsi, which is a Native American word meaning life out of balance. Sometimes when I sense things are getting too "heavy", I step back and indulge in something light, sort of like cleansing the palate. Sometimes its music, sometimes its humorous movies, sometimes art., sometimes a long walk, sometimes a kind friend who listens.

Currently, I am watching some Laurel & Hardy movies.

At the beginning of the year, in an attempt to get out of myself and broaden my social life, I joined a "choir" singing at a Latin Mass. But It doesnt seem to be working out-I love the singing and some of the socialization but there is so much negativeness and turmoil in Roman Catholicism and Western Christianity. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I can't be alone anymore but this is not working.

In my searching for truth, at the moment I am enjoying RC Sproul's materials and broadcasts (renewing your mind). In many ways it is more fundamental (basic) than Catholicism but it is definitely based in supernaturalism (I realize that is a "bad" word). Nonetheless, it is helping me to understand the tension between Christianity and the disintegration of Western civilization.

Perhaps it is time for you to take a break from saving the world from its own stupidity.

ajl said...

To the anonymous commenter, thank you so much for sharing that it is helping you! Sometimes I do get frustrated. So, glad you were able to let go and stop trying. Such a relief!

To fRED, Thanks for sharing. Yes, I think sometimes I focus too much on things I find frustrating and need to focus more on just positive things! But, I do believe I have a unique perspective in regards to my particular brand of Catholicism. I want to share it and help some if I can.

As far as the choir Latin mass. That would make me miserable! Are there any freethought groups around you? Are there any Sunday Assembly groups? I am helping to start one in Salt Lake right now. Just meeting other like minded people is so nice! I hope you try to find some sort of socializing that you enjoy!!