Thursday, May 12, 2016

Questions for Patrick Madrid or any other Catholic evangelist


Do you see a similarity between devout catholics and devout islam? Muslims have their apologists?

Do you see that objectively both appear very similar in their conviction and truthfulness?

Do you see the possibility that perhaps you could be wrong? Why
Are you willing to let go of your faith if it went against your conscience? Why

How do you explain children dying and suffering in God’s divine will?  I don't want to hear how it is our free will, I want to know HOW you believe a good and loving God could allow innocent children to suffer.

Have you ever felt unbearable suffering or known someone very close to you who had suffered disproportionately?  In what way do you see this as the act of a loving God?  Even human parents are willing to take on the suffering of their children, why wouldn’t God do that? Do you think that is the way a good father should actually act?

If people like me, an educated, well meaning, theologically aware, and rooted in a positive community person, could fail horribly at living and persevering in the Catholic faith in a sense of whole and positive life, how can we expect uneducated, perhaps mentally ill, or impoverished people to live the Catholic faith?

Suppose for a moment that angels, demons and spirits are a fabrication of our imagination, as fairies, magic and leprechauns, do you see how teaching these ideas to our kids is actually detrimental and abusive?

How dare we teach things to our children that are terrifying that we have no actual basis for?

Can you see how having multiple children for some people can be very difficult, but NFP doesn't work well in their situation? (As in mine)

Can you see any basis for morality other than divine?



9 comments:

Toi Khong Biet said...

Read my post on the second blog

Toi Khong Biet said...

Ashley... I heard you on the radio today on Patrick show... I am catholic... I think you have a problem with catholic than with God or religion. A typical religious is self rightous and i think that is what you opposed... I studied world religion..
The human mind can grasp some truth but not fully until Jesus comes along... Jesus is thr fullness of all truth... Like you said in Himduism.. The doctrine in this religion is Brahman... The Ultimate reality... Ok... That is true... And it coincide with Catholic... In the bible... God reveal to Abraham "I Am Who I Am" which interpret as God is the present the Ultimate Now the Ultimate reality... Then Jesus fully reveal Himself as " I Am the way the truth and the Life"... Now you question... How can you know which religion is true? You know it by confirmation... The reality of our lives will confirm the doctrine... And you will see that no truth is oneness and consistent... I can claim the truth and you can claim the truth but the reality will not confirm my truthness nor your truthness... Jesus saud that if " you that believe me.. Believe in his work" ... What is his work? His work is consistent with reality... And He also said that " God the Father" confirm his work... Which means Jesus is the reality.. The way He dies... Who betrayed him... And so on is all foretold in the old testament... And Jesus makes the reality of the foretold came to life... Only God can have that power to influence reality... In my personal life... I prayed all the time... I think about God ... And talk to Him constantly... And many time i need something like help fixing a car or question about math or fast shipment from my orders... I always get it. And i know Jesus has power to over reality .... God takes care of us even before we open our mouth to ask... And i see its true... The bible and word of God has to be lived out in order for us to understand and believe... It is not a book for intellectual studied only... Anyways i got to go... Hope it helps... God bless and peace be with u... Annonymous from san jose

Toi Khong Biet said...

Sorry... Typos in the blog... I meant to say truth is oneness and consistence...

Toi Khong Biet said...

My two favorite saint is Pope John Paul and st. Michael prayers... Try running to him... Miracles will pop open in your life... The kingdom of God is at hands ... We only need to pop it open... And we got to learn a way to do it. .. Faith and trust in Jesus... You angry not God but more of the personal issues... Peace

calimntgirl said...

Hello! I also heard you on the radio yesterday....I was running late but didn't want to shut off the radio because I wanted to hear what you were saying. I'm also ex-Catholic, now Atheist...going on 15 years thanks to my dear husband... Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to hearing more of you and reading your blog!

Toi Khong Biet said...

Ashley .... I read your bios... Why be an atheist when your heart still loves Jesus... The Truth... The reality of our life.... All these because of non support and struggle in your life. . . i know deep down you still have faith in Jesus and still loves Him... You just dont understands the cross you carrying .... Trust in Him...

Toi Khong Biet said...

Try going back to your first love.... Your love of Mary.... And have you gone to a movement called Curssillo? Ashley dont be angry....

Toi Khong Biet said...

Just be angry... But come back.... Because only God is our hope.... He walks with u ... Deep down you still loves Him...

ajl said...

Hey, thanks so much! So nice to hear positive messages!